View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 7:55 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
It also continues to blow me away that the Maritimes are suddenly posting some of the highest growth rates in the country. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were struggling to keep their populations from declining for decades, then suddenly, boom, population explosion. For the best to be honest, NB and Nova Scotia have a ton of overbuilt infrastructure that is easily able to absorb population growth.
The maritimes have a ton of potential.. In wealthy postindustrial societies like Canada, US, etc, aesthetics hold a lot of sway over where people choose to live.. and the maritimes are beautiful

The forces that built Cleveland and Detroit (land suitable for large factories, proximity to water transport, relative proximity to enormous iron ore deposits, etc) are not the same forces that built Denver or Phoenix or Salt Lake City.

If I were Canadian and a freelance web developer or something I would totally move to St. Johns just for the fuck of it.

I see the maritimes becoming trendy soon (if they arent already)

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.