View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
After looking at the slides I highly doubt this will ever be a freeway. Active transportation was the issue that resulted in the most comments?! Special interest groups must have flooded the process which is unfortunate. I was also surprised at how low the traffic volumes are and how low they're projected to be in 2048.
The active transport elements are only crossings at various points along Perimeter to link neighbourhoods on both sides of the highway. No one (I hope!) is asking for a bike lane on the highway. The proposed designs should also reduce the number of cyclists on the highway as there should be proper services roads implemented.

I'm happy they are recommending downgrades of the Pembina and Portage interchanges from cloverleaf to parclos or diamonds. I imagine the changes to Portage would only be after a Headingley Bypass is built.

What I was most surprised about was that the Fermor and 59S interchanges are recommended to be full clovers, just with bigger loops and longer weave lanes. Currently, the NB curb lane on 59 gets dicey quite often as there is a lot of traffic going NB to WB and EB to NB. I can imagine that going up a lot in the future as Sage Creek gets built out.