View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 4:42 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Note to Spoiler: Lake/Flato Architects is one of the top architect companies in the nation.

But YOU are entitled to your opinion! It's just a matter of GOOD taste, I guess.
And I for one, LOVE the design!!!
Lots of things that are "top" aren't good. They're not the only firm working on this either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Having the corner of the building closest to the intersection be nothing more than a glassed-in stairwell is not what I want to see in a downtown highrise. The way they're incorporating the old facade is clumsy and looks like what it is, an afterthought due to a bad compromise in the name of historic preservation. All the overhangs and canopies sticking out above doesn't change how that building relates to the street, and what street-level functions the building provides. It's just a matter of GOOD standards, I guess.

Don't worry everybody, as soon as I see something I like I'll let y'all know immediately!
I don't necessarily disagree with you on any of this. Much of this will change just as it's changed from the original, conceptual design. The street corner is a bit awkward and unattractive, but the Commerce facade won't stay the same.