View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2010, 8:26 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownWpg View Post
Rumors of the NHL's return seems to arise quarterly in the Winnipeg blogosphere and discussion forums. It has been going on much longer than six months, more than six years even. Some people even maintain whole websites dedicated to this rumour mill (jetsowner.com, manitobamythbusters.com).

Your particular "very soon" rumour from March 2nd was notable, as you included the Richardson family - hadn't heard that variation of the rumour before. Assuming "richardson" as in the notable Winnipeg family/company. Guess we'll have to see if your particular version is correct/Richardson involvement. I'd "eat crow" if they are involved - one of the reasons I've doubted it is that hockey seems out of character for that family ("old money").
there has never been real rumour about specific teams until a few months ago....it was always if/maybe....the direct rumours are only recent.

Elliot Friedman reporting, via twitter, that the purchase price by the Thompson/Chipman groups IS $165 million and that the Province of Manitoba is also involved financially.