View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I was surprised by the floor plans, as they were more "family oriented" than I would have thought. By that, I mean there were more bedrooms than what I expected. While the 3 smaller layouts (491 - 525 sqft) are all one bedroom units, the 2 bedroom units start at 706 sqft and go up to 882 sqft. There is also a 2 bedroom plus den layout of 1,052 sqft. The 3 bedroom units are 1,132 sqft and 1,173 sqft, while the 2 large penthouse floor plans are 3 bedrooms plus den.

While not small by any measure, they are smaller than what we would typically see for mid-to-high end condos in this market.
The issue here is that we haven't really seen enough mid-to-high end condos in this market to have any indication as to what's normal. Urban Capital is a Toronto-based firm where developers are scrambling to build condo's with 500sqft for $600k +. Evidently, they are bringing some of that thinking to our market. As happened with the Banks, it's going to take some time for this market to adjust. I know there are renters in River Landing who are having a difficult time finding tenants because everyone is shocked by the small units; this just isn't something that Saskatoon has seen before.