View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
So those are the only two options.. terrible government access or privatizing the profits and socializing the losses (massive subsidies for the systems that the registries use) ? I refuse to accept that this couldn't have been done in such a way to protect the public and not provide shady back room deals for corrupt PC hacks

The registry fiasco is but one of the failures of the previous PC's. There are many more.
Clearly you didn't live in Alberta when registries and liquor stores were government run, no one who experienced those days of inconvenience and wait times would want to go back to those systems. It was probably the two best things the Klein government ever accomplished. OK I do miss the way the liquor store clerks could snap dollar bills when they gave you back change!

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT