View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsenarch View Post
Look, the proposal looks like some shit that should be in a suburb of Atlanta... having said this, you remind me of Jarta/Pilton, adopting some valid criticism to bolster your ridiculous NIMBY ranting which is ALL you have ever contributed... please don't treat us like idiots...
Don't be so sensitive. It is not treating anyone like 'idiots' to restate a recurring theme about developing this site. 2007, 2014 and then the St. James debacle in between. Why did these projects fail? I can assure you it wasn't me that thwarted hundred-million dollar buildings. It was the same reason this project should fail. Sacrificing the row houses along Superior, blocking the traffic from Michigan Ave. West and West and West. Gridlocking the North-South movement on Rush. And even though (who said it?) the area is 'lousy with parking garages' it is the cars in movement that pose the problem. The four-way stops don't cause any problem...its the lights on Michigan Ave. that have to operate. The Alderman thought in 2014 that no additional parking would force residents to use the Red-Line and Taxis/Uber. That won't happen. Everyone loves their cars and hates getting robbed on the Red-Line. Trump Tower is a good example of a glass building built in the right place. No detriment to the neighborhood and values in the building have gone as high as $1500 per foot. There is a place for this building. Not on Wabash and Superior.