View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2016, 2:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPAR View Post
I keep hearing what a disaster the NDP is, but honestly to me, they seem to me to have done a decent job. Nothing scandalous, no really offensive policies. Looking like pipes are going to go ahead and environmental policies are local rather than dictated by the Feds (see Saskatchewan). Apart from their inability to increase the global oil price, I don't see much evidence of a fail.
You obviously haven't been paying attention to their idiotic interference in what was a well functioning electricity generation and transmission market in the province.

Not to mention the royalty review that changed nothing but resulted in an entire year's worth of capital expense evaporating from from the province.

Oh, and jacking corporate tax rates by 20% in the midst of a recession to drive even more investment away from the province.

It's terrible, but not surprising to anyone who actually read the NDP platform document before the election. You can't expect brilliance from people who's financial education might amount to having read Corporate Finance For Dummies, but I would have hoped the NDP would have moderated some positions in the hope of winning a second term.