View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2008, 1:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrod19 View Post
The Weyburn store might close but not because of weak sales but because of the store unionizing.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/200...t-weyburn.html

Personally, i can't see wal-mart having bad sales( i live in Weyburn, kind of worked there). If they were to close, they would have done it 2-3 years ago when the population was decreasing, not when it is increasing now. 3 years ago the pop. was around 9500, now it is close to 11 000 according to the mayor. so more people equals more shoppers and better sales. so i don't see them closing due to weak sales.

update later that i'm sure everyone cares about*sarcasm*
Wal Mart could care less if Weyburn store was closed, Wal Mart is sending a message that they will not be pushed around by union thuggery. The Fact of the matter is, the Public LOVES Wal Mart and Wal Mart knows it. They hold the trump card.

Organized Labor eventually runs a business into the ground...such as North American Auto Industry.

Wal Mart is easily the most favorite store in Moose Jaw and the Union has Moose Jaw in its sights.

I hope Weyburn Wal Mart remains in Business, Its very convenient, it being right off the highway. Tourists will stop at Wal Mart, but they will not stop at Weyburn Co-op. It doesnt work that way. Good Luck Weyburn!