View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertz1 View Post
No, there are tolls planned for IH35, take a look at this link.

http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/tollsys.htm
Great link. I'd encourage you to READ it. While you are there, you can educate yourself on the difference between an exclusively TOLL only road, and a road with tolled express lanes. IH-35 is only in initial discussion phases, and at that, only tolled EXPRESS LANES are planned. reading about half a page down in the link you provided lies this gem, "Tolled managed express lanes: On roads that already have toll-free freeway lanes, those existing mainlanes would remain free, but new express lanes built in the median of the freeway would be tolled. These lanes would be barrier-separated and would have limited entry and exit points. It might be possible for these lanes to also double as HOV and/or bus lanes, known as HOT (High Occupancy/Toll) lanes. This type of tollway is currently proposed for Loop 1604 North and is being investigated for I-35 and I-10."

This was the point I was trying to make - IH-35 is only in consideration for tolled express lanes. I'll also take this opportunity to encourage you to educate yourself on the difference between the two - cause it's a huge difference. As I said earlier, since you seem to be real concerned about the issue, the least you can do is be informed about the not-so-subtle differences that end up making all the difference in the world.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.