View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 12:52 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Not just an Aquarium, but it would still be a major attraction, it was the site of a worlds fair and needs something on that scale to draw in the crowds.

Overall I want it to look like a mini manhattan. An aquarium would draw more of the tourist component, and with dense residential, commercial on and around hemisfar would give it the potential to become a 24 hour district. Yea park space is needed but not the focus, imo. It is mostly all park space now and is overwhelmingy unused.
We don't need anymore "tourist" attractions downtown. Downtown needs to stop going in that direction and go in the direction of attracting local residents to live, work and play.

A green space with residential space next to it is ten times better than some lame faux times square.

I know how hard headed you are with your opinions so there really isn't any use in my arguing my point with you but that is my point.

Downtown for too long has catered to the tourist market and relied on tourists. Now is the time to catered to locals who want to live downtown or go downtown for "non-tourist" things to do.