View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 5:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndresAndujar View Post
... Between the two buildings we have a mega garage... We'll see how a potential development may unfold there, but from my studies I'm comfortable saying this is the site for some of our tallest buidlings in the next few years. Sadly, 45 stories would be really pushing the limits, but the San Antonio character has its beauty - although not the height...

Our market isn't demaning class A office downtown. We have ample vacany in existing stock. But I like to say we should stop celebrating AT&T's arrival to San Antonio - that is a decade old win. We now need a couple more catches, and hopefully not heavy industrial but rather creative types. I dream of a companly like Google headquartering here. Imagine the increase in downtown housing demand!
Is the city interested in developing mega-garages? I've always thought one was needed in or near downtown specifically to help downtown businesses like hotels, restaurants & shops attract workers.

Certainly more catches would be good, but SBC (at&t) has certainly turned into a different beast with the fairly recent acquisitions of at&t and Bell South. As much as that is a good thing, there's always the risk of them changing headquarters to a more visible city. A major local investment on their part would certainly erase those thoughts. Of course, there has to be a need.