View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2017, 1:50 PM

I'm going to throw cold water on this. I don't really buy it. Both as a "second downtown" and as the one true answer to Amazon's rfp.

I don't mean that it's not a positive and useful development, just that it seems like marketing is a little out of control on it.

It's 79 acres (though really only 49 acres according to reddit description, I guess due to the floodplain).
So it's 1/4 or less the size of the Domain. Just the Domain, much less the whole surrounding North Burnet Gateway development.

The ABJ article from last year talks about "Nine million square feet of total development potential"(no details, eg how much of that depends on affordable housing etc.), but they seem to have walked that back pretty significantly, since the more recent flyer is now down to 1.4M.

The original 9M estimate seems to assume a _huge_ up-zoning from it's already recent rezoning. From what I can tell from the ERC master plan, most of the tract is Neighborhood Mixed Use zoned with a ~60 foot height limits.

Now, could that change, sure. Especially if it actually is decided to advance this is as the Amazon answer. But it's certainly not turn key. Nor is it greenfield (there's a bunch of apartments there now).

Edit: Actually, it's worse than I thought. On second look, it seems like at least half of the current ERC zoning is urban residential, with a .75 FAR and 40 foot limit.

Last edited by Novacek; Sep 11, 2017 at 2:09 PM.