View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Wow, what beautiful projects! Warsaw is definitely booming!

But something else interests me. Poland, like Germany, has its population relatively well spread out across the major metros (Gdansk, Lodz, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Katowice) rather than concentrated into one metro (i.e. Paris in France rising a head above Lyon, Marseilles, Toulouse, etc.). How is Poland dealing with modernizing in the post-communist era a nation that is so widely populated?
Why should spreading of population be a bad thing? I thought that it's rather too much concentration of people which causes problems and uneven development of country, with overcrowded megacities drawing away best people from underdeveloped provinces. Situation like in Poland or Germany, where every regin has strog regional capital is better for even development.

Quote:
The Polish literary scene is the best in the world right now, and this nation rises heads above the rest of the Slavic bloc in terms of the weight it can throw around, something which I expect will only increase in the future. Go Poland!
Interesting, I din't know polish culture is valued so high abroad. Is this only Your personal opinion or is it shared by other people you know?