View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2008, 12:12 PM

Weyburn

So what would you like to know about Weyburn? How bout three of the 4-storey condos going up from the 2007 season? one is complete, other two are still u/c. Most likely there will be more condos being built in the 08' season as all of the new residential lots are sold out(51 lots) already which were finished in the fall. 75 lots( somewheres around there) are planned to be completed by fall of 08', the land is all leveled, it just has to be serviced for water, power, and what not.

For commercial/industrial as far as i've seen around town is obviously the new Ramada Hotel being built in the so called "power centre" of Weyburn along the highway into town, it is planned to open in july. Also in the "power centre" is a new car wash being built right away with a six store strip mall attached to the car wash right next to the Tim Horton's. In the downtown area there is several projects which are taking place. The first is the pharmasave expansion, they will be doubling there current floor space. Second is the old co-op building(corner of 3rd st. & souris ave.), which is being completely renovated. All of the windows have been replaced with new ones. The top two floors will be office and the main and basement floors will be retail space. Third project is called New Age Motorsports, it is a branch of New Age Electronics. It Will be a brand new building, most likely tin siding , it will be a polaris dealership. that's all the info i know about that. Fourth project downtown is still unknown what is going on the lot. All I can tell you is, it has been for sale for several years and was just sold a couple of months ago. Also the Weyburn mall(City Centre Mall) was bought by an Alberta company, hopefully they will bring some life into the place as the mall is pretty much empty. I think that is all for downtown. For industrial, they have started land leveling along 16th street and the railway
Other stuff would be a new gas station being built at main tracks cafe. I guess the major project of 08' will be the restoration of the souris valley mental hospital. DistributionCanada.com purchased the building for $1. The contract was for them to put $1 millon into the building by jan. 1st of 08' or else the building would go back to the city of Weyburn, which they didn't do. But of course city council extended the contract to the 1st of june or the end of june. There are still no signs of the company putting $1million into the place, there has been zero news about the place since city council extended the contract.

Last edited by jayrod19; May 4, 2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: I will take photos of the projects going on now