View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2018, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
The cold is absolutely a problem that exists.

I think you guys are missing the point... this is how Wpg used to think apartments... don't do the unnecessary. One of the mindsets that's holding us back.

Students, residents, tenants, end users have evolved. The story is now "what have you done for me lately?" Connectivity is one of the foremost amenities desired by end users of real estate. It's a key component of "location, location, location".

You don't get people into your building, you don't curate great atmosphere by telling the customers and surrounding area that they don't need something, unless it's too cost-prohibitive.

We also need to use foresight here... it's vital to create urban environments that non-Winnipeggers, whether new immigrants or new companies can enjoy. Little things like these walkways go a long way towards not attracting, but securing interest.
So students are going to say "you know I would enroll at RRC but I might end up having class at that building without the walkway and then I could have to go outside for like 20 seconds. Maybe I'll just go to SAIT instead"?? There's no attached parkade or bus shelter so how are these people getting to and from the building if they're too delicate to be outside for 20 seconds? The fact that they're closing the street and building the walkway makes it extra ridiculous.