View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 6:33 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraeSlab713 View Post
That is why I am laughing at the "Corpus Chrisit and the Valley" statements. Would people really do that (make the two-four hour trip)?
I can say one thing about ties between Corpus Christi and San Antonio. I remember going down to Port Aransas, (suburb of Corpus Christi), on fishing trips with my family and always hearing the park ranger saying that most of the tourists to Corpus Christi and Port Aransas come from San Antonio. They'd always ask where folks were from and we'd tell them Austin and they'd always mention how most of their tourists, (atleast there in the RV park), were from San Antonio. The two cities are only 150 miles apart and are connected by I-37. It's not that far of a stretch to drive that far for a vacation on the beach. Considering how dedicated some people are with sports it wouldn't surprise me to hear of them driving to San Antonio from Corpus Christi. I also frequent another forum, the RGV Forum, (Rio Grande Valley), and many of the people on there visit San Antonio often.