Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 21, 2008, 1:00 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Guy View Post
I just love how the country doubts this city; even many Winnipeggers doubt Winnipeg. What a damn shame. This is a great city, and despite all the negative and ill will (read between the lines from the "Winnipeg can't, too small, too poor" bs rhetoric), the financial backing will come along and make this possible.
You and me together. It's better to have a hope, than no hope at all. We all hear all that same BS too. So what if Winnipeg always get the short end of the stick, or the NHL will never come back to Winnipeg. Who knows what will happen in the future because frankly NOBODY knows what will REALLY happen in the next 20 years.

What we all know is that, we HAD an NHL team, and we HAD a financial backing to them. Yes, we can all agree that economics of the past have changed since then, but that's beside the point. The point is, there's still that dream, that hope of having an NHL team because we are big time hockey fans because of the baggage we had with the Jets before. If some guy from another city told us and say "yeah, you don't have a team anymore, get with the times" or "your city doesn't have the economic means to support an NHL team" or some sh*t like that, that's fine. They can blabber all they want about us NOT having a team. "Dream on" you might say!? F**K YES!!

Whether you naysayers like it or not, we will keep dreaming until that dream comes true. No matter what. Yes, the reality of what we're in right now is very daunting, but hey, it's better to dream than have no dream at all. We are a hockey town, we've demonstrated way too many times before. If this city is willing to sustain an NHL team, then they'll sustain one. The next move will be the commissioner's. If he decides not to, well hey, too bad, but we move on. At least the dream is still alive.

Now, I'm not so sure.