View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2020, 4:21 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdupree View Post
The proposal on Instagram was crazy but awesome at the same time. Too many of us are scared to see something like that today in NY city. Whatever height a new proposal is should be well received as long as it has some real class to it. The chance of seeing a mega-tall would be just awesome without having to leave the country to see it. For me, to live long enough to see a building taller than the Burj Khalifa in NY or Chicago would be a dream come true.

Maybe the Park Lane Hotel parcel will be the tower that does it in terms of 1 WTC, when the time is right of course. Eventually, the market will stop cooling down (let's hope) and become hot hot hot... so the next CPT or 111 W 57th may be coming to a parcel near you. But Park Lane... prime prime opportunity. Arguably one of the best in the city for a supertall slender or similar.

But well see what happens. Fingers crossed on 80 South. If it does happen, I'd hope its Downtown. Midtown has been getting a ton of action. Needs to share the love.

We also have Midtown East, and a few potential prospects down the line... we shall see. I don't ever foresee something over 2500', Khalifa cough cough, but something eclipsing 1 WTC, sure... its within reach in theory (supply/demand, and not just trophy tower with nothing really backing it up).