View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2009, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
It shows that in 2012 $142 million is planned for a new San Antonio Courthouse. This time frame seams to be online with previous plans. The $4 million allocated for this year is for design and other costs associated with the project.

What I take from this is that the City has to be close to announcing the site for the Public Safety headquarters because the feds are coming in 2012.

The historic courthouse is not an alternative for a new Federal Courthouse in San Antonio, it is rather a completely different project. This article is talking about money allocated for this fiscal year. They wouldn't allocate money for something before it is ready for construction.
Hope I didn't confuse anyone, I never said it would be an alternate for the new Fed CH, only that the old one is getting $61 million in "addtional" funding for renovation. Also included in that "additional" funding was money for Austin and $4 mil for SA.

If you look on that attachment you posted, there is an "add'l" in front of the S, D & C, which I would assume is for "site, design, and construction." So I take it that with this "stimulus" funding, that the process and wait line was sped up somewhat for Austin, and probably and SA since we were in line also. By looking at the numbers from the additonal funding, it looked like we wouldv've been waiting alot later; 2013 maybe even 2014.
And yes it does solidify the 2012 date, so we should be hearing something soon.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925