View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysal View Post
San Antonio Business Journal
By Ryan Salchert – Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Jul 26, 2018, 1:15pm CDT Updated 22 minutes ago

[IMG][/IMG]

San Marcos-based EVO Entertainment Group has plans to complement its previously proposed project in Schertz with its first amphitheater called EVO Live.

The company, which has multiple movie theater and entertainment complexes in Texas, describes EVO Live as a state-of-the-art outdoor music and entertainment venue with seating for nearly 15,000 people. The company's first EVO Live will be on 27 acres just south of the proposed EVO Entertainment complex at Wiederstein Ranch.

EVO CEO Mitchell Roberts said Josh Majors — director of development for WR1 LLC, the company developing Wiederstein Ranch — was key in discussing how to incorporate music and live entertainment into EVO.

"We were brainstorming ideas that would complement our EVO Entertainment facility, as well as the overall development at Weiderstein Ranch, and Josh had the idea of a live music venue," Roberts said. "It just so happened that an amphitheater was something I had been kicking around. As far as time and place, I can’t think of any better. The I-35 corridor, particularly the Schertz area, is absolutely exploding but has a noticeable void when it comes to entertainment options. EVO, EVO Live and the Weiderstein Ranch development are primed to not only fill that void, but become an incredible entertainment destination unlike anything we’re currently seeing in Central Texas."

The venue will feature multiple tiers of seating, including covered reserved seating, a lawn area and VIP club areas, as well as multiple food and drink options. The venue plans to host an array of national touring artists and talent, as well as local artists and other community events, with the goal of becoming a national destination and year-round gathering place. EVO Entertainment Group will operate and manage the facility, and Roberts said he's in talks with national companies to handle programming and talent booking at the venue.

A parking lot with more than 2,000 spaces will be exclusively for amphitheater goers.

this is outstanding news for the entire SA area as it will be able to bring back many of the groups that SA stopped getting when the Verizon amphitheater closed. it will put SA back in the music scene again. as for the area, hopefully this will generate the development of some better restaurants. but god help that part of I-35.