Thread: Disney in S.A.?
View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2007, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post
It's a joke people. There will "probably" never be a Disney Texas. This is a rumor that floats from state to state and pops up everytime some developer buys up a huge chunk of land. It's always "a friend of a friend told me" or someone who claims to be an insider and poof, nothing ever happens.

Let me assure you there will never be a Disney theme park opening in San Antonio.
This rumor is rather comical b/c as late as last fall it was rumored that Disney would be opening a theme park or something of the like up in Celina (North of Frisco and Plano). Some confidential buyer has been slowly purchases and acquiring acres and acres of land up that way. This followed the rumor about 5 or so years ago about another confidential land owner buying acreage west of Weatherford (west of Ft. Worth) for a possible Disney park. And most recently this Bear Fire 'ski park' in Ft. Worth was rumored to first be placed on a track of land that was rumored to be a site Disney looked at for a possible park out near Grapevine, now the "proposed" ski park is not planned for that site but for a site previous owned by intel. SO, the moral of the story its all nothing more then rumors. The only thing that I think we can count on is the new developments Disney is looking at as having 'mini' resorts. Forget where the first one is going, but even if they decide to expand on this venture it will be a long while before we see it here in Texas. Supposively Disney is looking at more urban sites. I don't think SA is a bad tourist place and its not far fetched, but again its only rumors.