View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Yeah, I was going to make that same point. It's a lot easier to pull a trigger from a distance than to kill someone with a knife just inches away from them. This is less of a problem today, but the phenomenon of drive-by shootings is something distinctly American, too. Cars and guns are not exactly common in Europe. Plus, this country is just more of a violent and volatile place than much of Europe, I suppose excluding the world wars (hah).
You could also kill someone with a sword, you don't have to get so close then haha.

So basically Europeans kill each other in one horrific bloodbath for a couple years, and then relax. During the 30 years war in the 17th century, HALF of the German population was killed by war. Armies would come and slaughter random countryside villages wholesale. Talk about death and destruction, imagine half of the entire population of the US getting killed over a 30 year period. They must have thought the world was ending! I don't think anyone today could comprehend the violence at that time.

While Americans kill each other slowly over a long period of time. Which is worse?

Last edited by Baronvonellis; Aug 13, 2019 at 3:06 PM.