View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 3:08 PM

This is why the province needs to step up NOW before more people are killed on this nightmare stretch of the perimiter. Close off ALL the median openings that allow left turns straight out of the passing lane. Build an interchange at St Mary's ASAP, that intersection has become absolutely ridiculous during peak traffic. Leave the light at St. Annes for now until an interchange can be built there...or just cut off access altogether. Lagimodiere and St. Mary's are in close enough proximity. Prevent any new connections to perimiter unless they are done properly via a grade separation. This includes Kenaston. There is no reason why residents of Waverley West cannot use Waverley or McGillivary to access perimeter until the St Norbert bypass (and hopefully Kenaston/100 interchange) are completed. If this connection is so important, then fast-track the St Norbert bypass. The perimeter should be treated the same as an interstate highway is...absolutely zero access allowed unless by grade separation...and zero deviating from that.

I take the south perimeter twice a day to and from work (Transcona to Fort Garry and back) only because it's still better than taking Bishop Grandin. Marginally. However traffic volumes of late seem to be greatly increasing to the point where I am actually considering using Bishop again...it may be slower but at least it's safer. The fact that hwy 100 is part of Trans Canada makes this situation even more unnaceptable. I see many out of province travellers on that portion, I can only imagine what they must think. It truly is an embarassment.