View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2007, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvius View Post
To this day, when I think futuristic, I still think Blade Runner:

Nobody has come up with a better visualisation of the future in my mind to this day. Blade Runner towers aren't goofy or ludicrous (like much of cartoon-pop architectural garbage that will begin looking dated in two minutes), but clean, grand, imposing, and basically EVIL.

So, for me, the towers of 40 years ago, the true beauties of modernism, still appear to me as the most 'futuristic' design we've had so far.

^ Ohhhhh yes.

But, ohhhhh no! This thread title should be changed to The Most Non-futuristic Buildings...

In the future, large buildings and skyscrapers will be built around space constaints, and energy and material resourcefulness.

IMHO, most of these "futuristic" designs in this thread can be considered very non-futuristic based on what we presently speculate will be the concerns in the future. They're tacky, kitschy, and dated, like that translucent plastic computer hardware look of the 90s. They belong in Vegas, Dubai, and other pseudo-cities begging for stature...as well miniaturized versions of AlienWare cases.

To each their own I guess. We'll have to see what the future brings.

Last edited by b-s; Feb 11, 2007 at 9:18 PM.