View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2019, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
However, the balance of government jobs are for the most part very well paying jobs. I am an independent contractor in a fairly 'soft' industry. I have not been able to increase my contract fees for about 5 years now. I will not be shedding any tears for government employee's who have decent paying jobs with excellent benefits. I have neither....not complaining, as it is my choice to work independently and have flexibility, but I also have little sympathy for those that complain about a good job with excellent benefits.

Such is the life of the self-employed...

Now...back to construction news.....
Maybe in your industry, but overall private industry has seen more gains in SK in the past decade compared to public service - average earnings for public vs private are at parity right now as public wages have been stagnant in SK. That’s a huge detriment to a public service city like Regina - just doesn’t have the pizazz of struggling oil workers that made some insane dough prior to the crash in oil. That’s the only reason that I would argue Regina struggles so hard on the construction side to get things like Capital Point or Urban Capital to town.