View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2018, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook
I think we can thank the Rush and large concerts for showing us the issue with the Sasktel Centre. Nothing around it was built as per the original vision, and the arena itself isn't designed to house the capacity it currently has. Renovations might not be feasible because they would likely oust the current tenants for a season or more. It would probably cost more than it's worth.
what kind of renovations would SaskTel Centre need that would take more than half a year?
I'd like to see the remaining wedge A lower level and 24 & 37/36 upper level sections seats added.

PLUS have the roof raised and escalators/elevators added to make second level concourse the main/expanded concourse with more washrooms and concessions. The first floor concourse can remain unchanged with private suites extended all the way around the first level.

I'd also like to see a dedicated bus lane that would allow for direct access to SaskTel Centre directly from Yellowhead highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPonyTime View Post
The Rush are the difficult party in potential Reno's. The Blades could move to the new arena at the University temporarily and be no worse for wear, but there's nowhere for the Rush.
Blades could play in U of S new arena for sure, I wonder if there would be an appetite for the Rush to play in Regina at Brandt Centre for a season & if that could add to more provincial interest?