View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2007, 1:54 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslander237 View Post
It sort of depresses me that this will be the tallest building in the city soon. It kinda makes me wish that Frost Bank was taller. That is a much more beautiful building to crown the skyline.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. First of all, 360 is several blocks west of the current core of high-rises that are within 2 blocks of Congress Avenue, including Frost. It might dominate the skyline from the west, but from most angles, it will be off to the 'side' a bit. Plus, the main roof is still shorter than the peak of the Frost crown. The spire of 360 will not have the same impact from a distance as Frost. I should say that I do like the design of 360. Yes it based on other Novare designs, but it will be a sleek tower.

As long as the condo/residential market does not tank, then you should see at least one of the proposed 700+ footers come to fruition. If I had a choice, it would be T-Stacy's project. I think it would have a more dramatic architectural impact overall, IMO. Interestingly enough, this building will be literally across the street from Frost, but it is set back enough from Congress so as not to completely overshadow the former. Time will tell!