View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2007, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
Well, actually I grew up in San Antonio and South Central Texas. The post I responded to said that corporate purchasing power is why owners consider SA. My point was that it was actually more of a concern than a plus. I would categorize that as more realistic than pessimitic. I think SA is gaining a better corporate base and hopefully it will really flourish over the next 10 years.

I may be wrong, but I tihnk the only presence Microsoft, Lowes and Home Depot currently have in SA is retail and sales. Lowes has a proposed data center near Westover Hills. Microsoft is considering a data center nearby. Garden Ridge is actually headquartered in Houston.
It was pretty obvious to Tagliabue that the quality of football the NO Saints put on the field in 2005 was far from spectacular. Considering all the mishaps with Ticketmaster and no one actually caring about the Saints, San Antonio did a tremendous job. Tags even saluted the city after our efforts to sell as many tickets in a very short time span (what was it...4....5 months????) for a team TEXAS doesn't follow. Asking someone to fork over $50-$70 for a tix to see a crappy team, and then averaging over 60,000 is quite an accomplishment. I too was hoping for a sellout, as I attended all three games, but San Antonio did its part. Image if the team actually committed to SA.....would your opinion change then? Do you actually think 1 game wouldn't be sold out?

About the Alamodome....it was made very clear along time ago that the dome would be a temporary solution until a new stadium deal was put on the table. You know this man, so stop using the Alamodome as a scapegoat for another crappy reason why SA shouldn't have a football team. Your responses are convincing enough to prove that you know what you're talking about, so why play dumb?

I still don't see why you think local SA powerhouses wouldn't want to be associated with a pro football team? Why would it be a concern? When 65000-70000 San Antonians are showing up 8 times a year to support a local team, why wouldn't they want to be associated with that? HEB would be all over it like they were for the Saints (Sponsered the tailgating), USAA would purchase a suite to raffle off to employees like they do for the Spurs games, and probably one more for the CEO. Valero much the same I'm sure. 2 owners boxes. We could go on and on with this but I'm not sure you even beileve me. Well, I respect your opinion but should SA recieve a team, I hope you purchase tix early, because they won't last.