View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2012, 12:13 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcochranest View Post
Gentlemen: I'm the one who moderated your Newburbia chat a couple of weeks ago. I told you I was a fan. You were wondering about Atlantic Place? It was to have an eight-storey hotel on the top of it originally. A couple of years ago, I took a snap of this painting. It's in the security guard's office on the first floor.

I brought the quote and photo into this thread because it is really a concept, and even though it is not likely to ever happen, something like it may still be considered a remote possibility.

I revised a drawing based on the idea from the painting in diagram (elevation) form. It is an 8 story hotel atop the existing structure. Judging from the style, this idea was likely conceived of in the 1980's:

If such a project were to be done today, using the same idea, but with a total reclad and a few refinements it could probably look something like this:

The drawing is meant to represent a hotel, but practically it might be better suited as office floors instead, which would either make it higher, or have a reduction to six floors instead of eight. Note - the parking garage revision is just an idea which needs some more work. In case you are wondering, these concept designs would be in the range of 65 to 68 metres in height from the harbour side.

Note - the drawings still need some work, but I decided to share them now anyway.

Last edited by Architype; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM.