View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2018, 10:14 PM
Meh

I'm gonna say something nimby, and don't slap me for it. Ok? I wish I could switch The Travis towers and The Republic. I'd rather have two tall towers on The Republic block, preferably away from the river so they're not so imposing. And, hear me out, I'd rather have The Republic design on the Travis site. I actually think we're going to like The Republic design (excluding the podium, of course). But that design is really unique. It kind of deserves to be a showpiece type tower. I guess its current location is good, too, but having it closer to the water would have really made it stood out being that there wouldn't have been much competition height-wise for it.

Although, I suppose there is something to be said for The Republic design being appropriate for its block. I think that tower and the Block 71 tower will likely end up complementing each other. Both are near the same height, roughly, and are both sloped towers. There could be an interesting synergy there between them that could redefine the skyline a bit.