View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 2, 2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketsWork View Post
That's a little bit extreme, don't you think? The governor of a large state has many responsibilities to many different people -- and faces an impossible array of priorities to balance. Every day, he has to make difficult choices that will inevitably displease many people no matter what he decides. If you ever have the joy of stretching a finite budget to meet a payroll of your own, or even balancing the budget of an average sized family, you might become a little more understanding of how difficult it must be to govern this vast state and its 9+ milliion people.

It seems to be the attitude of some forumers that Georgians who live outside metro Atlanta are insignificant rubes who resent, neglect and take Atlanta for granted. A more extreme element appears to hold a similar view of suburban Atlantans. I would caution that we not fall into the trap of being every bit as provincial as we believe others to be.
Yes balancing a budget can be a difficult thing, but can you think of anything major in recent memory our governor has done to benefit Atlanta or even metro Atlanta?? Something where you can look back and say "Wow, our governor really helped us out and did a good job with that."

Government inaction like this is an unfavorable trend for those people footing the majority of the tax bill and seeing it spent on the rest of the state.