View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2018, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
That was just a comment on how it's good when everybody shows each other respect. That's something that's good about this forum. Everybody here loves buildings and construction. That's our shared nerd superpower and it's a good one.
For me, I'm pretty easy to please. Yes, I think most of the new stuff popping up around SA probably wouldn't blow anybody from Austin, Houston, or Dallas away because they're used to seeing modern 40 floor construction on a regular basis. However, what we are getting is very much better than what was there before. At least we're not going backwards. We've seen nothing change in SA for so long, so to see what's happening the past couple of years has been refreshing. The Pearl went from an eyesore to an absolute gem in a relatively short amount of time...and it is still growing. I believe that the developments we're getting in the short term will set the precedent for future growth. When Frost is done, some developer will come along and desire to 1-up the Frost Tower. We are fortunate enough to have elected officials that really understand the need to keep SA competitive on the national level, especially with an estimated 1 million more residents expected by 2040.