View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
The city struck down a 3 story main street rezoning along Sheridan (2-10) because Sheridan has too steep of a slope and the street is too dangerous for pedestrians, so why bother making it pedestrian friendly. I want to say we've reached peak NIMBY, but we've only just begun to see what this new city council is capable of justifying.

On another, very depressing note, "people in the know" say that if the Front Range growth cap gets on the ballot, it's guaranteed to pass.
Was that proposal on a corner? That's the only sliver of logic that comes to my mind... but a three-story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
That is quite depressing. And is there anything to stop it from reaching the ballot? Just a matter of signatures?
There will be the obligatory legal challenges which are likely to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
And how would these people "know"? Do they have internal polling data that suggests support for this would get it across the finish line if it's on the ballot?
Only thing that crossed my mind would be an argument that All Counties are different and should be able to determine for themselves what is best. Whether that would be a winning point, I dunno.

Interestingly, according to laniroj some projects are stalled due to investment return concerns. This 'limitation' to development could potentially move projects forward figuring the economics would improve.