View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 6:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Did a nice long lunch on my bike yesterday through RiNo and checked out all of the different sites:

Camden Rino:

Really fun trip photo report.

Seems like that Camden RiNo is taking forever. Camden, a really big REIT builds a good product and I assume this is their one obligatory project for downtown. They've also built several suburban projects.

Your "refresher" video provided a nice overhead perspective as an add-on to your photo venture.

Being familiar with that area I always enjoy a good summary trip down memory lane. CORRECTION: this is an area I used to know, long time ago when I'd park along or just off Brighton Blvd for Rockies games.

City Council approves a vision for both development and preservation of Loretto Heights
September 19, 2019 By Donna Bryson/Denverite
Quote:
More than 40 people signed up to make comments Monday night. That and earlier feedback illustrated how strongly many in Denver feel about the area and about the hilltop educational campus at its heart.

Preserving and respecting buildings, including a theater, of the Loretto Heights Academy, established by nuns more than a century ago, has been a chief concern of City Councilman Kevin Flynn.
So what does the future look like?
Quote:
Westside’s developer, ACM, is proposing a walkable neighborhood of businesses and single- and multi-family homes, including 68 units in what was once a dormitory that will be sold at below-market prices. Witkiewicz told council members Monday that more affordable housing was planned...

Only Councilwoman Candi CdeBaca ... voted no Monday. CdeBaca had had sharp questions about whether Hispanic community members had been adequately consulted.
My question for Candi CdeBaca would be after a series of well-attended public meetings, how many did you attend? Any of them?