Thread: Regina Retail
View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Cinnabon is OK (remember the one in the Galleria?), but I agree with Stormer that Green Spot (and, to a lesser degree, Sweetie Pie on Albert) is better. It's true that you're only assured of GS cinnamon buns on Mondays & Saturdays, but they make special order batches everyday... and experience tells me that they are making enough special orders that you can pretty much get a fresh cinnamon bun from them every day that they are open.

Saint Cinnamon lasted in the Southland spot where Booster Juice is for quite a few years. Kind of like yogurt places (remember Yogurtys? Kind of in the spot where Sland Subway is & where ZamZam in Cornwall is), I think chain cinnamon bun places are fads that come/go.
Cinnabon in the GTA is constantly busy. Definitely not a fad. But I do see your point about local options. Just would love Cinnabon in Regina. My brother worked at Saint Cinnamon when he was younger and the old ladies that worked there were apparently mean beyond belief. I also remember loving Yogurty’s where EB games is now at the Southland Mall.