5. 101,437 UCLA 2010
6. 101,357 Kansas 2009
7. 101,353 Baylor 2012
8. 101,339 Wyoming 2010
9. 101,297 Texas Tech 2009
10. 101,152 Colorado 2009
10. 101,144 UTEP 2009

The drought ends with USC this season.
That's how winning can fill the stands, even VS teams like Kansas, Colorado, and UTEP in 2009 when they went undefeated until they lost to Alabama in the National Championship game. They could have played Poughkeepsie High School and still filled the seats that year. Fickle fans only come out and support their teams when they are winning. That's probably true for other schools but its quite noticeable here in Austin. UT admin has to keep tweaking game day atmosphere to get more fair weather fans to show up for both basketball and football games. It amazes me how Texas fans will travel and fill half the Rose Bowl when UT is playing well, but won't bother to support their team during home games when they're not. ND fans show up even when their team sucks. FFFFer's. Freakin Fair weather Fickle Fans. I go there occasional with my Longhorn fan wife and brother in law just because I like watching football and always get f'ed with for wearing my Aggie cap, (which I expect and do to f with them back,) but at least they are loyal fans like my wife and her brother who should also be embarrassed by the empty seats and how quiet the stadium can get during the game. You really shouldn't need the giant jumbotron to prompt you to make noise every time your competitor has the ball. And it won't get much better when the seats are filled with newcomers who don't really give a shit about UT but like watching ANY football game...like me. Hence the constant need to enhance the game day atmosphere, and spend a shit ton more money to do just that. And yeah I know its also to make the coaches happy with new offices overlooking the field and generate more cash with high dollar box seats. That makes sense. But the most rational thought process was not expanding the seating capacity. That makes the most sense to me. Someone at UT knows about how fickle UT fans are which is why the new basketball arena is being downsized and DRK seating capacity will probably never increase by much if at all. Come to think of it, its older than the Erwin Center, maybe someday they'll tear it down and downsize it too.

Last edited by the Genral; Aug 13, 2018 at 2:30 AM.