View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
And now for some juicy gossip.
I did hear something interesting yesterday about the southwest corner of 5th and Congress. Just a rumor but it may have something to do with the former light bar building that was slated to be a hotel that in the end fell through but that hole quarter block might be in play.

Again just a rumor with no solid evidence one way or the other but if you know that corner like I do you would know that several clubs and bars have closed recently. 6 months ago the sidewalks were bustling with people and now that section is dead quiet with just 2 places left on the Congress side. I'll try to look into it more to see if the rumor has any weight to it or not. Maybe someone here has some info regarding it? I only brought it up here because save for the alley that splits it in two, this is the same full city block that this proposed 4th and Colorado building will go up.
It may be in play, however that half-block is split into 8 different parcels that have 8 different owners. If you wanted the whole half-block you would need to buy up and combine the 8 parcels. It could be that someone is trying to do that.