View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 4:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwill View Post
First, I would like to dispel this misnomer that Comcast must necessarily construct a tower across the street from one another....Second, many corporations around the globe occupy locations within the same city at much greater distances than the one I proposed 10 blocks away....Again,Comcast like all other corporations are guests in our city and not entitled to any specific property.
Let it go man.

Most(me included) would probably agree that the skyline would be better served if E of Broad, or W of 30th added some building height and density but that's not Comcasts concern or problem. They are going to what they feel is best for their corporation . Hence they doubled down at 19th + Arch.

You criticizing and questioning Comcasts location is a waste of time and energy. Its up to other companies and entities to expand the skyline for the time being. University City is emerging although the heights (other than FMC) don't inspire . You don't really need an 1100' building east of broad but rather 3 or 4 400-500' buildings , that would do wonders for the skyline. Unfortunately E of Broad has been dead since St James was built a decade ago.

For the record I was roundly chastised for suggesting that University City had a better comprehensive plan in regards to maximizing the skyline. I see 3737 Market and want to puke. That was a building opportunity to put an exclamation point on the western skyline and they left it woefully short.