View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

technically there is a mix of uses (retail, office, hotel, restaurant), but the purest meaning of mixed-use intends for it to apply to live/work structures. Eventually that will become more evident as the jargon gets clarified by planners putting mixed-use into practice in the future. Since nobody will be living in this building, I wouldn't consider it "mixed-use," but I also wouldn't take on the challenge of telling people not to call it that.

As for the whole CITC location discussions... My two cents: The Skyline is not the first priority for the people footing the bill. Nor the second, third, or probably twentieth. This location has about 100 pros, and very few cons, and listing the silhouette of the skyline from 1-2+ miles out as a 'con' is still an arguable matter of opinion when counted. The people that will see/use the building up close will get a benefit for its proposed location, while most (us included) who may grip about the overall city skyline have little to no standing in the matter.... that being said I would (1) like to see a 600-800 footer replace the gallery, but that's not Comcast's duty, and (2) get a bit irked that the new tower will block the Liberty Places from view of the Art Museum, but that is minor, and may be in exchange for a better, yet to be determined, view.