View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2014, 7:24 AM

Comcast Tower Location

First, I would like to dispel this misnomer that Comcast must necessarily construct a tower across the street from one another. Although on some levels it may be optimal; although we dont even know if operations in both towers would be any more similar-therefore justifying proximity-than operations of any other company.

Second, many corporations around the globe occupy locations within the same city at much greater distances than the one I proposed 10 blocks away. Citigroup for example occupies Tribeca Towers in lower Manhattan, and also Citigroup Towers over 50 blocks away in midtown.

Again,Comcast like all other corporations are guests in our city and not entitled to any specific property. City planning has an integral job not only to consider the concerns of a corporation, but also the vision, and direction this city should go. Again, I believe this city should be marketing and positioning themselves as a global city and no longer a regional second-tier city.

Our city has the potential to be a healthcare, science and technology mecca-by the way the most lucrative fields outside of oil and finance-should focus all of its energy on retaining and attracting the best and brightest minds in the world. World class dining, a brilliant waterfront, and an expansive skyline should be top priority on the list of development strategies, not the ease of transportation for for a few hundred Comcast employees.

Last edited by lwill; Jan 22, 2014 at 2:38 AM.