View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 25, 2010, 6:25 PM

I wasn't using CBD as a synonym to Downtown, but rather the Central "Business" District of downtown. Over the years the two terms have almost been fused together, but there is truely a difference. What I was saying is that all of these districts make up downtown, not that they are separated.

I also agree that residential districts shouldn't be just residential, the segregation that I refer to has more to do with the Tourism/Hotel District. I broke it up the way that I did in order to label the basic generic districts that make up Downtown SA.

I would love for someone to explain to me the greatness of San Antonio's CBD (I don't want to sound like I am hating). It has to be one of the weakest when compared with its population of the top 50 US metros. This isn't dissing San Antonio, its just the way it is. This doesn't mean that the economy in SA is weak, but rather that the CBD is not as much of a focal point on the overall "Economy" of the metro as the average American city's is. On the other hand we might have the largest amount per capita of suburban highrises.

San Antonio is very decentralized, that is a fact. I am hoping for a strengthening of downtown into what it should be, used to be.