View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2019, 1:37 AM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
its called market forces and economics.. you want cheaper housing make it easy to build more... not really rocket science!

I just dont understand the point of it doesnt feel right? why should it matter what feels right to you? Are you the owner ? did you invest your own personal capital into these projects? Just a really pompous thing to assume your views are somehow supposed to be valued in a private, market driven economy! Unless you are personally investing in these projects I dont think anyone is interested in what feels right to you. Frankly, the market can care less!
I'm not trying to get political seeing as to how this is a development forum but this is a pompous statement. Why do we even bother having zoning laws then? I'd rather have neighborhoods with locals that actually live there and add value to our city over a few wealthy folks, half of whom don't even live here, running a fake hotel making things unaffordable. I too have had a pretty big group of friends over the past few years be displaced by STR's in multiple neighborhoods. I don't like seeing all of these apartments downtown and homes elsewhere changing to cater to tourists. If they're having trouble renting units in the CBD after getting tax breaks for housing maybe that should point to over-inflated post Katrina pricing and lower due to your "market forces". Also we all know this, things are harder to build here because this city is historic and unique, and you know what, the reason it still looks the way it does is thanks to preservation and making it hard to build new things. We've have had a bunch of new housing stock added in recent years, especially in the CBD, as we all know, but now it's turning into fake hotels. So I don't see how saying easily build more housing to fix prices, then when that happens and the new housing gets taken away and removed for fake hotels and then going on to imply get over it because of the ~FrEe MaRkEt~ is going to fix anything.

Last edited by jjslonaker; Mar 21, 2019 at 1:48 AM.