View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2009, 3:27 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
I might post mine later when I'm done.

Basically right now I have this;

The bridge + approaches would be approximately 4km long and be located where the 104 currently turns South on the mainland.

The freeway would cross the Strait and Trunk 19 then curve south to Hwy 105 then continue down to the existing Hwy 104.

For now I have interchanges at the mainland approach (new connector to Trunk 4), CB approach (new connector to Trunk 19), Highway 105, and Trunk 4. For service to Port Hawkesbury interchanges could be built at either Kings Rd or Crandall Rd.
I was debating between Kings and Crandall myself, but Crandall seemed to provide the faster/more direct route into town. The mainland side sounds exactly like what I was thinking, though my route on that side is slightly off (towards the south) because I started where 104 ends on the CB side and tried to work around property lines to the mainland...it may have been better to work from the other end as the route I did crossed both the current 104 and the current Tk 4 on the mainland in very quick succesion. What I did on that side because of this was a 1/2 cloverleaf, 1/2 diamond interchange with the current 104, then met at an angle further west down the 104. I didn't dwell on that section too much though, since I'm pretty sure they already have some route options worked out as far as the causeway and probably as far as the Port Hawkesbury bypass to where it meets with the current CB 104.

If you get the chance, I'd love to see your idea, and if your interested in proposing a route to the Sydney area (by that I mean urban CBRM), I'd love to see that too, but I definitely would like to see what you've worked out so far.