View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 10, 2008, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Quimby View Post
If any of these issue involved a white european canadian would we be asking about white leadership?

No, we would just chalk it up to the individual. Why must an entire culture wear the mistakes of a few?
i would like to respectfully disagree with your point. from personal experience, i can say the leadershiop in some of these communities is absolutely horrifying.

i beleive that a people's traits showcase what their government is like. a very good friend of mine used to live in the Peguis area. she tells of rocks thrown at their vehicle every time they drove throught town. it was the norm to see houses burnt, stores vandalized, and numerous acts of abuse in broad daylight. yes, corruption can be found in all races, cultures, and certainly at all levels of authority. but it seems so consistant in (from my experience) northern aborigonal communities making it impossible for me to beleive that society is "wrongfully concerned". in fact i would love to see much more accountability, instead of truckloads of money thrown at the issue. besides, the money obviously doesnt even GET to the issue.