View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 7:11 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

I have a friend who worked a brief stint in the NLC. He said that some of the employees he saw were embarrassingly inept. He also felt they were majorly overstaffed given the work that needed to be done.

I myself worked briefly in a government department on a work-term. I too felt that there were a number of people there who didn't seem to have a role. They sort of just floated around not doing much.

You're right though. You provided a concrete example of where it works, and I really only have testimony to draw on. My conclusions are largely drawn from stories and discussions I've had with people describing government inefficiency. This leaves me questioning the employees my tax dollars are spent on, and more so, whether or not five private companies competing could provide better service than one public company with a monopoly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I tend to put a lot of faith into capitalism, and I also am not surprised that there are over 1000 public jobs the government feels they can continue to operate without.