View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 10:54 PM
Old Fart Forumer

^ I don't see why certain parts of the waterfront shouldn't be developed, ie. the jungle area near the scrap yard on Taber St or along the flood control channel and Cherry St. Of course any Inlet Isle development will probably not happen in my lifetime.

Looks like a mixed income residential building is going to move forward downtown. Some of the comments I've read about worry that low income tenants will turn the Commons into an open air drug market. I know there is crime in Ithaca, but after living in metro DC for the last 30 years I find the low crime rate of the Ithaca area, and the "traffic jams" on the west end somewhat amusing.

From the Ithaca Times on-line

Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:26 am | Updated: 4:46 pm, Wed Oct 5, 2011.

An architectural rendering, created by Holt Architects, of what the proposed Breckenridge Place complex will look like

Quote:
Ithaca: INHS moving forward with downtown housing complex

Long in the works, the downtown housing complex slated for the current location of the Women's Community Building - at the corner of Seneca and Cayuga streets - is moving forward now that developers have gotten all the financing in place.

Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services and PathStone Corporation, non-profit housing developers, have announced they've gotten commitments for all of the $14.5 million in funding needed to get the Breckenridge Place apartment complex project started. INHS Executive Director Paul Mazzarella said the project is expected to break ground around May 2012.

The project will create 50 housing units - 35 one-bedroom units and 15 two-bedroom units - that do come with income restrictions for the tenants. It won't all be low-income, however, as some units will be rented to those with modeate incomes. .........................
Here's the link to the full article:
http://www.ithaca.com/news/ithaca/ar...cc4c03286.html

Retired, now Grandpa Daycare