View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2015, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Right. Because of its status as a historic landmark, portions of the exterior must be incorporated into the project in some capacity. Frankly, I would like to see an actual movie theater incorporated into the plan. But I'm not really expecting it to happen.

The corner building is not being demoed. Only the former dollar store and building that housed the Industry bar. The width of those two buildings alone seems a small footprint for a highrise (but maybe I'm wrong on that). Maybe the highrise portion will extend on top of the Boyd or the old Qdoba if feasible and structurally sound to do that.
Took a walk by today to look at this (and everything going on at Market, Arch, etc...) I forgotten there is a swath of blank yard between Industry XIX and the Boyd. If they build on that to abut the Boyd in addition to the area that the Dollar Store and Industry fills, that's probably all the space they need.

EDIT: Looking at the rendering, it looks to incorporate the design of the old Qdoba building, so it will probably be part of it(?) and just doesn't require demolition.

Last edited by jsbrook; Mar 7, 2015 at 4:52 PM.