View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo33 View Post
I am not sure if anyone has already posted this; however, the ground leases for 105 W Riverside (two-story office building), 500 S Congress(Congress Square Apartments) and 510 S Congress (The Egos Office Building) all come due I think late next year. We have offices in 105 W Riverside and were told to find somewhere else to move to. The same guy owns all three parcels, and I would be shocked if it is not redeveloped the same time as the Statesmen Site. Also, TXDoT's leases 105/118 E Riverside (which abut the Statesman site) expire around 2022 (I think). Lastly, the guy who owns the old La Bear building has come out and said he is on the site until the Statesman/TXDot sites get re-devolved.
If we can manage to stay out of a recession until the mid 2020's, that part of downtown is going to be super dense.
I know someone who lives in the South Congress Sq. apartments. He is already looking at other places to live, since he is sure that those apartments don't have more than a year or two left in them.