View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
I had emailed them years ago (like 15 years ago) asking for the height, and they told me 368 feet, but I really don't believe that height. I was up in the Tower of the Americas last weekend (taking photos, Jack), and I had a good view of both The Broadway San Antonio and the Towers on Park Lane. I was also told that the height of The Broadway is 279 feet. Those two buildings seem to be very close in height when viewed from afar. I've only ever been able to measure The Towers on Park Lane as 278 feet tall with Google Earth.

Also, there's no way a 22-story residential building could be 368 feet tall. The Broadway, for example, is 20 floors and 279 feet. 2 floors more would not be that much of a gain. Newer buildings now are also trending taller with relatively the same amount of floors as older buildings with the same number of floors. There's a lot more technology (cables) going into them now than there used to be thanks to the internet.
Intuitively, I'd agree. Also, the Broadway seems to be on lower ground. Did they say 368' from the ground, or from River level? I know it sounds like a funny question, given the Towers' distance from the river, but you never know.

Also, I don't know the difference in "stories" relative to height, or the difference between residential and office, but the Frost Tower is listed as 23 stories, and 386 feet tall. Would a 22 story 368 foot tall tower be completely impossible?

Last edited by Restless One; Jul 19, 2019 at 3:56 AM.